Kingsport businesses can join our community response to homeless families with children.
Serve on the Family Promise of Greater Kingsport Board of Directors
The Board of Directors provides leadership and oversight for Family Promise of Greater Kingsport with responsibilities in:
Donate Goods and Services to the Network
- Financial Management
- Public Relations
- Providing pro bono legal advice as needed
- Providing workshops for the Board & Staff on legal issues such as liability or employment law
- Public Relations
- Assisting in developing, printing, and distribution of brochures and promotional material
- Arranging presentations for the Network Director to speak before community organizations
- Serving on the Development Committee
- Helping to organize fundraising events
- Sponsoring fundraising events
- It is providing connections to other corporate entities by arranging meetings, hosting informational events, or contacting corporate peers.
- Donating goods or services for fundraising events
- Providing a Financial Review of Family Promise of Greater Kingsport books at no or reduced cost.
- Providing financial workshops for Board members on topics such as developing a sound annual budget or understanding a financial review
Provide Goods or Services for our Guests
- Restaurants partnering with Host Communities to provide meals for a night
- Auto repair shops offering to service the Family Promise of Greater Kingsport van at cost.
- Life Skills Mentoring (either in the evenings at a church or during the day at the Day Center)
- Health & Hygiene
- Effective Communication
- Financial Services
- Debt Counseling
- Money Management
- Workforce Development
- Career Counseling
- Resume creation & job search
- Interview skills
- Job skills
- Computer instruction
- Legal Aid
- Child Support & Family Issues
- Minor Violations
- Landlord Disputes
Provide a Matching Contribution for your Employees
- Medical & Dental Services
- Many employers provide a matching grant to non-profit organizations to which their employees make cash contributions.