Services are provided to families with children under 18.
FPGK is the only shelter in Kingsport that is able to accommodate two parent families, families with teenaged boys and single fathers with teenaged girls.
FPGK can accommodate up to 14 people in four families.
Initially Guests are allowed to stay 30 days.
As long as the Guests are in compliance with Network Guidelines and actively carrying out their Self-Sufficiency Plan, 30-day extensions may be granted until a family’s situation stabilizes.
- During their stay guests are expected to actively seek employment and housing and to work out a plan to regain their independence with the guidance and encouragement of caring staff members.
- As all FPGK services are free of charge to our guests, they are expected to save a major portion of any income they may have to retire past debts and fund future obligations.
- Individuals with current substance abuse problems, untreated mental illness, or a history of violent behavior are not accepted.
- For the safety of all, Guests are asked to sign a Criminal Background Check Release Form.
- Guests who do not comply with FPGK Guidelines may be asked to leave the program.